Once you’ve decided to support backwards compatibility for all the exposed API (all public and protected methods in the public classes, normally), minor releases hit a lot of technical debt because you can’t refactor everything you want to. TDD doesn’t save you from this .
With interface-it, I made a few assumptions about the API which changed very quickly when I discovered new requirements. For example, before the 1.0 release, I thought about encapsulating some of the arguments to key methods, but I didn’t see clear affiliations or behavior related to these arguments. It was just data needed for generating a mixin. For version 1.1, where you can generate a hierearchy of mixin types (just parent-child via the command-line interface, but the code API is more flexible), it was no longer data but behavior that I needed, because I had to manage multiple classes in the same call. Despite having excellent code coverage thanks to TDD, the change was a bit painful to implement, and I had to leave in place some methods which I would have preferred to delete.